Delicious cheese based desert.
- 2 – 16 oz containers cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 raisins – Soak the raisins in rum (vodka or whisky) for 30 minutes, drain .
- 2 tablespoons of flour. I use semolina flour, but any flour will do.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- butter-oil mixture: 2 tablespoons of melted butter mixed with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. (sometimes I use cooking spray instead of butter and oil).
- 1 package fillo dough.
- Mix all the ingredients except the fillo dough.
- Brush a pan with butter-oil mixture (see below), place one sheet of fillo in the pan and brush with butter-oil mixture. Repeat 5 times (6 sheets in total).
- Pour half of the cheese mixture, add 3 sheets of fillo with the butter-oil mixture in between, pour the rest of the cheese mixture and spread it even in the pan.
- Place 6 sheets of fillo on top of the cheese mixture. Don’t forget to brush them with the butter-oil mixture. Brush the top also, or beat an egg yolk with one spoon of water and brush the top.
- With a sharp knife pre cut squares.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.