- 7 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 14 Tablespoons of ground walnut
- 14 tablespoons sugar
- 50 grams cocoa
- 1 cup of milk (non dairy milk can be used)
- 2 tablespoons flour (gluten free flour can be used)
- 300 grams sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3-5 tablespoons water
- 300 grams butter
- 1-2 yolks
- mix walnuts, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla
- simmer on stove until it starts bubbling
- cover the dish with a damp towel
- meanwhile separate the eggs
- beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until firm
- add sugar one tablespoon at a time
- add the yolks, the walnut mix, and the flour mixing gently
- prepare 2 cake trays with butter(or oil) and flour (or gluten free flour). the trays can be round or rectangular.
- pour in the composition and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- after it has cooled down, flip carefully.
- mix the sugar, cocoa, and water
- simmer until it starts bubbling, let it cool
- separately mix the butter with 1-2 yolks
- add the chocolate cream when it’s lukewarm
- add rum and vanilla.
You can buy the filling, use your favorite chocolate cream or the one above.