- the back, wings, thighs/drums. Also use breast bone in if you’d like to make chicken salad.
- one medium to large onion
- 2 large carrots, or 6 large carrots if you make chicken salad as well.
- 2 celery stocks
- 1 pepper
- one parsnip or/and parsley root
- 200 grams celery root
- 2 teaspoons salt
- egg noodles, I use Egg Spaetzle, or home made.
- add chicken in cold water with 2 spoons of salt, add the pealed onion, bring the pot to boil.
- with a spoon with holes, remove the foam that it forms when the soup starts to boil.
- add the vegies cat to fit in the pot, and bring back to boil.
- keep cooking on medium until chicken is cooked. 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- check the chicken with a fork, if it inserts easily, the chicken is done.
- with the thongs take out the meat on a plate.
- using a large pot similar with the one that the soup was cooked in, and a strainer, pour the soup in the empty pot.
- bring the new pot with the clear soup back to boiling, add noodles and cook following the noodle directions.
- discard the chicken back, parsnip and celery root. I also discard the celery stalk, but if you keep it you’ll get extra fiber:)
- when noodles are done, add back chicken, carrots, and celery cut in small pieces.
- serve with lemon juice and freshly cut parsley.
I collect the meat from the back of the chicken and give it to our dog. He loves it!